This is a perfect starter and is great with any Italian pasta dish or light meal. It is easy to make and ideal for a nice midweek meal or to be enjoyed at the weekend.
- 4 thin slices of ciabatta bread
- 2 tomatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Place the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water and leave for 1 min. Then drain the tomatoes and leave to cool.
- 2Pre-heat a large frying pan with olive oil for about 5 mins. During this time remove the skin from the tomatoes (this should fall off easily after being in the boiled water) and finely chop.
- 3Put the slices of ciabatta into the pan and cook on each side for 1 min.
- 4Take the ciabatta off the heat and finely slice the mozzarella.
- 5Place the bread onto a serving place and top with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.
- 6Garnish with a drizzle of garlic oil and black pepper then serve.