You can’t beat a classic Caesar salad! Many of us including myself call this the King of Salads for its rich and creamy dressing with salty anchovies and parmesan. Yet this is such a quick and easy recipe that it is regular mid-week meal of mine. And while I love the Caesar salads at a regular haunt of mine, this recipe is a tasty and fresh alternative.
I cook the chicken with plenty of lemon juice and bake the croutons with some garlic. I keep the salad simple with some cherry tomatoes and cucumber because the dressing has all the flavour!
- 1 round iceberg lettuce
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A few shavings of fresh parmesan
- Half a ciabatta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small tin/ jar of anchovies
- Handful of small caper
- 200g creme fraiche
- Juice of half a lemon
- 75g grated fresh parmesan
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5 / 180 C. Add the ciabatta, garlic and 2 tbpsn olive oil to an oven dish. Mix well and place in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- 2Heat a frying pan with a dash of olive oil. Once hot add the chicken. Once the chicken starts to brown add the lemon juice and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- 3For the dressing: mix everything together in a small bowl and leave to one side until needed.
- 4Plate up some lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
- 5Take the chicken off the heat and the croutons out of the oven. Add a bit of chicken and some croutons to each plan. Dollop a generous helping of the dressing into the middle of the salad and scatter some parmesan shavings on top. Season with black pepper and serve!