Award Winning California Sweetpotato Hash with Feta and Eggs.
- 2 medium California sweetpotatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 100g feta cheese
- Fresh oregano for garnish, optional
- 1Prepare the veggies: Peel the sweet potatoes, then shred them with a food processor, and set aside, then chop the onions by hand or in a food processor, and set aside. Chop the baby spinach, and set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil over medium in a 30 cm cast iron, or other, skillet. Add the shredded sweet potatoes and toss to coat in the oil. Cook the sweet potatoes over medium for about 5 minutes, tossing regularly so they don't burn. Add the chopped onion and cook for an additional 4 minutes, then add the chopped spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- 3Stir in the Greek seasoning, sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 4Spread the veggie mixture evenly across the pan, and make 4 holes in the veggies. Next, crack one egg in each hole, and cook for ~ 2 minutes, then place a lid over the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- 5Remove skillet from heat, and top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh oregano for garnish before dividing in to 4 servings.