Simple ingredients, and easy to make, this savory Dutch Baby pancake with fresh asparagus, and peppery microgreens, is delicious at any meal.
- 2 cups 2.5cm pieces of cut up fresh asparagus
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded California Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups microgreens
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2Steam the asparagus in a medium sized steamer pan on the stovetop OR in the microwave until tender crisp.
- 3While the asparagus is steaming, combine the flour, milk, eggs, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 4Melt the butter in a large cast iron pan or ovenproof dish over medium heat. Add the steamed asparagus, plus fresh ground black pepper to taste, and saute for 1 minute.
- 5Pour the batter over the asparagus in the pan, top with the shredded cheese, and transfer the skillet to the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed and golden brown.
- 6Cut in to wedges, top with microgreens, and serve while still warm.