I love a nice healthy salad with some crusty bread for dinner and this includes two of my favourite ingredients: beetroot and avocado!
- 2-3 small to medium beets
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons of Balsamic
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) Spanish Almonds
- 1/4 (60 grams) cup goats cheese
- 1To begin preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Then peel and chop up the beets roughly to somewhere between 1-2 inch cubes. Then place them in the bowl and pour on 2 tablespoons of the balsamic. Stir and make sure all pieces are well coated. Once oven is heated place the beets in the oven on a oven safe dish. Let bake for 12-15 minutes till the beets are softened and smell fragrant.
- 2As the beets are cooking for ahead and begin chopping the avocado in cubes and prepping the other ingredients to be plated.
- 3Once beets are done let them cool for a few minutes and then place on to plates layered with beets on bottom, then avocado, nuts, and goat cheese sprinkled on top. Finally drizzle the balsamic on each salad.